Stop illegal dumping by reporting violators. If your tip turns into an arrest or citation, you may be eligible for a reward. Here's how:
- Report the violator's physical description: Gender, ethnicity, age, hair color, clothing, etc.
- Report the vehicle: License plate number, color, make and model
- Report the incident: Time and date, location and type of materials
- Report any other identifying or incriminating evidence
- Call Sacramento County 311
- Local: 3-1-1 (or 916-875-4311 if outside the unincorporated county)
- Report Online
- Only materials dumped in public roadways are eligible for rewards.
- Rewards do not apply to materials dumped on private property.
- Only illegal dumping that has occurred in areas that are normally serviced by the Sacramento County Department of Waste Management and Recycling are eligible for the reward.
- Littering does not qualify for illegal dumping rewards
- Abandoned vehicles do not qualify as illegal dumping
- County employees are not eligible to receive rewards
For more information, contact the Code Enforcement Officer of the Day at (916) 874-7908.